Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Anniversary Twilightme

One year ago on October 9, 2007, I started this blog with a post called Shakespeare TaDum, describing what I'd learned during a trip to Ashland OR at the Shakespeare Festival.

Amazingly, yesterday I was offered a free trip to Ashland exactly one year after writing that description. I had decided that this year that I couldn't afford the annual trip offered by the college, but I guess the universe has something else in mind, for I happened to be in exactly the right place at the right time yesterday to receive this offer.

I made a few phone calls to rearrange my plans for the next few days and last night I packed to take off for 5 days. I'll be seeing three Shakespeare plays, "Othello," "Midsummer Night's Dream," and "Comedy of Errors" plus two additional contemporary plays: "Our Town" and "View from the Bridge." (There is a sixth play that I'll miss because I have a date for a radio interview about my book on Thursday afternoon.) Also included in the trip is an actor's workshop, conversations with actors, a lecture on design, and a backstage tour. It's a cram- packed 5 days that was simply incredible last year.

To top it off, I've arragned to have coffee with a cyber friend and fellow author who lives in Ashland. I've never met her face-to-face, but I've read two of her books and she's given me great assistance with suggestions for book promotion. Now we meet . . .

I just printed the blog post from last year to read on the bus on the way to Ashland. I remember the post included creative goals that I hoped to accomplish following the trip and in response to all that I had learned. It will be fun to read the post and reflect on last year's trip and how I anticipated stimulating my creative life.

Happy Anniversary Twilightme!

1 comment:

Kate Evans said...

Cool! I love Ashland. Have a great time!