Friday, December 5, 2008

Indulging















The last I heard, Anna Mae was on page 650 of the 5th book in the Harry Potter series. I distinctly remember days as a child when I was able to indulge in reading a book for hours on end, a time when gobbling up a whole series was a week's occupation.

That's why when I came home exhausted from work yesterday, I changed into my jammies, grabbed a Harry Potter book off the shelf, and snuggled into bed at 6:30. It didn't matter that I only have 3 books in the series, all of which I'd already read. What I sought was the lovely pleasure of losing myself in a book. I only managed to read 50 pages of Book 2 before sleep grabbed me, but for a short time I indulged in delicious adventure with Harry Potter.

2 comments:

Jennie Lou said...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Hee! Hee!Hee!
Are you going to keep on reading, till the end of the series? :)
Or were you jut looking for something to read at the moment?

Anna Mae

winterizing said...

I'd love to read the whole series but I don't read as fast as you nor do I have as much time available for reading as you do. But with a vacation coming up, I should be able to read a few more and who knows maybe I'll get through all of them.
love dearma