Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Writing Retreat-Fort Bragg

I'm taking a break. I've been writing since 6:30 this morning. Actually, I've been writing for 3 days from 6:30am to 10pm. My back and shoulders will tell you this is a bad idea. My brain and imagination will say it is glorious.

Here are some pictures of my little retreat site:
The table with my laptop where I am working;
The window I peer out when I can't think of the right word (though sometimes I look up and truly can't remember where I am because I've been so lost in the lives of the inventors I'm writing about);
The garden at the center of the motel complex where I stroll when my back and shoulders scream so loudly my brain can't get a word in edgewise.

Tonight my writing group arrives for the conference which starts tomorrow, so I'll be switching gears in a few hours. But for now I'll take a loop around the garden then go back to writing.

(The date setting is wrong on the camera. These were taken today:)


No comments: